Five Event Center-Photo Courtesy of Angela Juhl
I want to say a HUGE thank you to everyone for your support this past year. It has been so much fun to write this blog and help showcase the local design talent and resources we have in our own backyard With that being said, I want to jump on the “end of the year list” bandwagon and share the top posts for 2010.
1) Alternative Headboard Ideas- Not ready to commit to a bed frame yet? Check out these great options to create something different.
2) House Tour: Jason’s Classic South MPLS Apartment- Love Jason’s design style. A great example of how to mix elements from different design periods.
3) Store Profile: I Like You- If you have not shopped here yet, you must! This NE MPLS shop is a great place to find locally made gifts.
4) Annie’s Colorful Abode- A house tour of Annie’s townhouse shows how much fun it is to decorate with bright colors!
5) Profile: Remnants Upholstery- David Osterberg is one of the finest Modernist furniture upholsterers in the Twin Cities. Check out his new studio in the Northrup King Building next to Danish Teak Classics.
6) Interview with Swedish IKEA Designer Pia Amsell- IKEA design team Pia Amsell and Barbro Wesslander stopped by Minnesota to share how they create their elegant home goods designs. I had the pleasure to talk with Ms. Amsell afterwards.
7) Uff Da Palace at the Minnesota Landscape Arboretum- I don’t know what I love more, the sculpture, or its title. Good thing I don’t have choose!
8 ) Twin Cities Mid Century Modern (TC MCM)- The multi-talented Jake Rudh sits down with me to discuss his love for the Modern aesthetic and the facebook community he created to bring together fellow Modernist enthusiasts.
9) Minneapolis Home Featured in Dwell Magazine: A great South Minneapolis home by Julie Snow Architects.
10) Tour of FIVE Event Center- Gorgeous event center tucked behind the intersection of Bryant Ave and Lake St in Uptown. It almost reminds me of a swanky club from the 1930’s or 40’s meets modern style.
There you have it! What a great year! I am so excited to be blogging for 2011. There are so many great topics that I can cover for next year. I would love to hear from you if you have an idea, story or topic I should cover. Please leave me a comment below or e-mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org and let me know what you want to see for 2011!